Vulnerable component: Microsoft Internet Explorer
CVSSv3 score: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N/E:H/RL:O/RC:C
CWE-ID: CWE-125 - Out-of-bounds Read
The vulnerability allows a remote attacker to gain access to potentially sensitive information.
The vulnerability exists due to boundary error when processing HTML content. A remote attacker can trick the victim to open a specially crafted webpage, trigger out-of-bounds read and test for the presence of files on disk.
Latest references in media:
- Microsoft February Patch Tuesday Addressed A Zero Day And Numerous Critical Bugs [2019-02-17 12:11:07]
- Update now! Microsoft and AdobeтАЩs February 2019 Patch Tuesday is here [2019-02-14 13:50:24]
- Update now! Microsoft and AdobeтАЩs February 2019 Patch Tuesday is here [2019-02-14 13:41:41]
- Microsoft plasters over critical flaws in Internet Explorer and Exchange | TheINQUIRER [2019-02-13 13:50:13]
- February 2019 Patch Tuesday: PrivExchange hole plugged [2019-02-13 11:22:00]
- February 2019 Patch Tuesday: PrivExchange hole plugged [2019-02-13 11:20:15]
- Patch Tuesday Roundup Includes IE Zero Day [2019-02-13 11:10:08]
- Microsoft Released Security Updates & Fixed More than 70 Flaws [2019-02-13 07:41:19]
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday updates for February 2019 fixes IE Zero-Day [2019-02-13 07:30:13]
- Patch Tuesday, February 2019 Edition [2019-02-13 04:52:23]
- Patch Tuesday, February 2019 Edition [2019-02-13 04:50:24]
- Microsoft Patches Zero-Day Browser Bug Under Active Attack [2019-02-12 22:40:15]
- Microsoft Patches Internet Explorer Zero-Day Reported by Google [2019-02-12 22:20:13]
- Microsoft February 2019 Patch Tuesday Includes Fixes for 70 Vulnerabilities [2019-02-12 21:20:29]
- The February 2019 Security Update Review [2019-02-12 19:31:40]
Vulnerability scanning SaaS service is online 3-rd generation vulnerability scanner with scheduled assessments and vulnerability subscription. You can use service to check security of your network perimeter.