The exploit code was disclosed by the Shadow Brokers leak.
Vulnerable component: IBM Domino
CVSSv3 score: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:H/RL:O/RC:C
CWE-ID: CWE-121 - Stack-based Buffer Overflow
The vulnerability allows a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the target system.
The vulnerability exists due to a boundary error when processing mailbox names in the EXAMINE IMAP command. A remote authenticated attacker can send an EXAMINE IMAP command containing an overly long mailbox name, trigger stack-based buffer overflow and execute arbitrary code on the target system.
Successful exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to compromise vulnerable system.
Note: this vulnerability has been exploited in the wild and was disclosed by the Shadow Brokers leak.
The list of affected products, according to software vendor:
Latest references in media:
- Siemens Patches Serious DoS Flaws in Many Industrial Products [2019-04-15 14:11:05]
- Siemens addressed several DoS flaws in many products [2019-04-12 21:50:14]
- Siemens Patches Serious DoS Flaws in Many Industrial Products [2019-04-11 16:00:13]
- Siemens Warns of Critical Remote-Code Execution ICS Flaw [2019-02-13 00:00:12]
- Siemens Patches DoS Flaws in Medium Voltage Converters [2018-05-09 17:26:59]
- Serious Flaw Found in Many Siemens Industrial Products [2017-12-07 11:00:05]
- IBM Releases Security Update [2017-04-25 17:11:24]
Vulnerability scanning SaaS service is online 3-rd generation vulnerability scanner with scheduled assessments and vulnerability subscription. You can use service to check security of your network perimeter.