Vulnerable component: Adobe Flash Player
CVSSv3 score: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:H/RL:O/RC:C
CWE-ID: CWE-416 - Use After Free
The vulnerability allows a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the target system.
The vulnerability exists due to use-after-free error when processing .swf files. A remote attacker can create a specially crafted SWF file, trick the victim into opening it, cause memory corruption and execute arbitrary code with privileges of the current user.
Successful exploitation of the vulnerability results in compromise of vulnerable system.
Note: this vulnerability is being actively exploited in the wild.
Latest references in media:
- Flash Bug Allows Attackers to Spy on Users via Camera, Microphone [2016-12-15 00:12:23]
- Flash Player Bug An Eavesdropper’s Delight [2016-12-14 18:28:53]
- Adobe fixes critical flaw in Flash Player [2016-12-14 16:58:35]
- Adobe fixes actively exploited critical vulnerability in Flash Player [2016-12-14 16:37:45]
- Busy December as Microsoft Releases 12 Bulletins [2016-12-14 12:37:53]
- Adobe updates numerous Applications to resolve 30 Security Vulnerabilities [2016-12-14 00:41:25]
- Adobe patches multiple flaws including a Flash Zero-Day exploited in the wild [2016-12-13 22:57:38]
- Adobe Patches 31 Vulnerabilities, Flash Zero-Day Under Attack [2016-12-13 19:09:26]
- Adobe Patches Flash Zero-Day Exploited in Targeted Attacks [2016-12-13 17:37:30]
Vulnerability scanning SaaS service is online 3-rd generation vulnerability scanner with scheduled assessments and vulnerability subscription. You can use service to check security of your network perimeter.